Monday, June 14, 2010

A Totally Late Valentine's Day post

I know, I know, this is totally late. Life's been busy, but I just have to share the Valentine's Day card my son gave me. We went to Target and I told him he could pick out a card for me and for Dad, and for the grandparents. He very seriously started reading the cards and went through many cards before he found the right ones. Here is the one he gave me:

Mom

Long before
I could have known,
you knew
what I was capable of.

And so
you taught me
to dream
without limits.

You knew
the challenges
a lifetime could hold.
And so
you created
a safe place
for me to land.

You knew
what a difference
believing in someone
could make.
And so
you loved me
unconditionally.

And I can't
imagine
who I'd be today
without
your love.

Thank you, Mom.

Happy Valentine's Day

Love,
A

Now hand me the hanky, it makes me tear up every time I read it. What an amazing kid I have. I'm keeping this card out to reread whenever I doubt myself or am feeling overwhelmed.

Sniff.

5 comments:

Casdok said...

Beautiful

KWombles said...

Awwww. :-)

Squillo said...

My eyes are tearing up, too.

My kid, he'd just grab the first card he saw, not sign it, and give it to me. (He tells me he loves me all the time--he hates readin' and writin' is all.)

Cheers!

Club 166 said...

Wow! What a great card.

Sometimes kids can be thoughtful and caring beyond their years.

Joe

K- floortime lite mama said...

that is a MARVELOUS card
I love it